Brooks-Keret China Desk
Brooks-Keret Financial Management was founded in 1995, offering clients an integrated financial services approach which ensures their finances are expertly managed. Today, we have over 140 employees serving over 300 companies, acting as a proactive conduit for our well-established network of principals, investors and leading venture capitalists, to our start-up and Multinational Clients including Chinese Clients.
China has become Israel’s second largest trading partner, trailing only the US. As the trade war between Washington and Beijing rolls on and investments from China come under greater scrutiny in the U.S. and Europe, Chinese companies continue to increase investing in Israel in infrastructure projects as part of Beijing’s multinational ‘one Belt and one Road’ Initiative. China is also investing in Israeli innovation and technologies.
However, being successful in doing business and investing in Israel is still a challenging process, considering cultural differences, language barriers, regulation and business issues. Brooks–Keret has recently set up its China desk to serve Chinese companies and integrate financial services starting its setup in Israel and provides the following services:
- CFO Service
- Company registration
- Bank account
- Files opening process
- VAT filing
- Bookkeeping & tax return
- Financial controlling
- Due diligence
Lillian Zhang is Head of the China desk and a Director of Finance at Brooks-Keret. She was raised in Shanghai and has 10 years of financial experience at Deutsche bank, Merck Co, EY and other financial organizations in London and Israel. Prior to joining Brooks-Keret, Lillian worked as a Manager on the M&A team and China desk at EY Israel. Lillian graduated with an MSc. in Finance and Economics from London School of Economics (LSE). She is a qualified Chartered Management Accountant (CIMA).
Our added value to Chinese organizations
Company Set-up in Israel
From step one, Brooks-Keret takes care of everything, and starts by working with experienced legal professionals to open a local subsidiary for you that is in full compliance with all of the local tax regulations. We help you find an office that suits your needs and register your local address with all tax authorities.
the service include:
- Opening the files in the authorities
- Register for (i) corporate tax, (ii) WHT and (iii) VAT with the appropriate tax authorities.
- File an annual Israeli corporate tax return for the branch or local subsidiary with the ITA (Israel Tax authority)
VAT Representative in Israel
Multinational Companies are required by local tax authorities to appoint VAT fiscal representatives. Our Fiscal representative is responsible for the correct management and settlement of VAT on behalf of companies, in accordance with the local regulations.
Accurate and efficient bookkeeping services is a key factor for your organization’s financial wellbeing. For many businesses, it’s much more effective and cost-efficient to have an expert partner take care of it all.
We provide the following services:
- General ledger maintenance
- Assets ledger maintenance
- Expenses ledger maintenance
- Bank account reconciliation
- Accounts payable services
- Credit card reconciliation services
- Income Invoice processing, etc.
Financial Controlling Services
When it comes to financial controlling, your company should have unquestionable expertise and in-depth experience. In addition to providing accurate and up-to-date financials, reporting, filings and more, you need the best guidance to understand what it means, so your organization can make the right decisions. Financial Controlling Services Include:
- Prepare monthly /quarterly financial reporting packages
- Balance sheets
- Cash flows
- Operational cash flow
- Preparation of annual corporate tax returns and financial statements
- Comply with government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Coordinate with external auditors; etc.
Our CFOs assure a flexible arrangement working closely with the CEO and the founders, providing on-demand expert services tailored to your business’ requirements. Our CFO Services Include:
- Financial strategy and planning
- Strategic funding and investment
- Participating in board and shareholder meetings
- Managing Due-diligence and M&A processes
- Assisting in establishment of credit policies
- Planning, approving and monitoring the company’s budget
- Preparation of business plans, etc.
Providing outsource payroll services for local and expatriate employees.
For more information,